Monday 29 August 2016

Armies on Parade 2016 part I: The King

The Nestorian Infestation project that I've been working on with Bigbossredskullz for a while now was supposed to have it's first game soon. But life things came up, and we decided to wait a while before we have the game. This is actually a good thing, because I have a lot of work left on the gaming-board. It also gives us both time to finish a Genestealer Cult and a Deathwatch Killteam each, like we originally planned. 



In the last couple of weeks, I've been very inspired by the fantastic Outgard project by some of the hobbyists at Ammobunker's INQ28 forum. If you haven't checked this out, you definitely should (LINK). This project is basically set in medieval times in 40k. 

This first character will be the leader of a small band of medieval looking 40k humans. They will be the spotlight of this years Armies on Parade. My plan is to make a display board for my various Daemons I've painted over the years, and have these guys in the middle, trying to fight them off. 

The King is one of the most complex kit-bashes/conversions I've ever done. He is based on the lower body of a Tech-Priest Dominus, with a torso from Mechanicus Ruststalkers and long feminine legs from the Harlequin kit. His head is from a Grey Knight Terminator, with the crown of the Wight King. His arms, cane and weapon are also from the Tech-Priest Dominus. I've also added several other details from various 40k and fantasy kits. Fur, loincloth, cape and the elongation of his legs have been done with green-stuff. Electrical cables and guitar strings have also been added. 







13 comments:

  1. I think its the first time I see such crown on a 40k model. Great eye for bits you have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woah !¡!
    Brilliant start ¡!¡
    All hail the King !¡!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant character and conversion

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is brilliant! My mind is blown. I have always loved that crown but could never figure out how to use it. Also, it blends perfectly with that Grey Knight head. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm quite happy with the way the crown fits.

      Delete
  5. Amazeballs! that guy must be huge! This will definetley inspire me for the Outgard project! /nordic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers man!
      I was actually quite inspired by the idea behind the Outgard project when I created this character.

      Delete
  6. This figure is fantastic! It just oozes character, can't wait to see it complete.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! I'm really looking forward to paint this one.

      Delete